Friday, December 27, 2013

Interview with a Four-Year-Old

My daughter turns five-years-old today. It's surreal because the time has gone by so quickly, yet in some ways it's difficult to remember what life was like before she was in it. 

In an attempt to capture her likes, dislikes, loves, and ideas, I sat down with her throughout this week and asked her about some of her favorite things. 


Q. What is your favorite color?
A: Pink and purple and orange. I think just every color of the rainbow is my favorite. 

Q: What do you like to eat best?

A: Pizza and pasta. And broccoli and strawberries. Oh, and icee pops, popcorn, and Starburst. And chocolate.

Q. Favorite songs?
A.  “Jingle Bells,” “Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer,” and “Rocky Top”

Q. Favorite movies/TV shows?
A. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Scooby Doo and Superhero shows.

Q. Favorite sports?

A. Soccer and gymnastics and swimming.

Q. Favorite subject in preschool? 
A. The alphabet.

Q. Are you an early bird or night owl? 
A. Huh? (After I explained) I like to stay up late. 

Q. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A. A ballet teacher, a weather reporter, mail deliverer, or an artist like my dad. 

Q. Best friend? 
A. Everbody!

Q. Best part about having a birthday? 
A. The piƱata. And being a whole hand! (five years old :) 

Q. Favorite vacation spot?
A. The beach and Disney World.

Q. Favorite books?
A. Berenstein Bears and Junie B. Jones books. And Even Mosters Need Haircuts, and Even Aliens Need Snacks.

Q. Favorite animal? 
A. Bunnies and my dog, Shelby. 

Q. Favorite things?
A. Rainbows and unicorns and superheros and princesses! 

And just like that, my sweet Ellie was five. 

"feels like some kind of ride but it's turning out just to be life going absolutely perfectly" storypeople.com


1 comment:

  1. Amy, I love your writing. It brings back to me that special time when my daughters were Ellie's age.

    ReplyDelete